Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wit is a little too in.....

I don't know since when did this start, since when the conversations around me stopped communicating things and became desperate attempts to come up with a joke or a witty punch immaterial of the triteness or staleness of it....it just has to be said....because being humorous is "in" these days.

It's not that they are completely useless, they do generate laughters and smiles at times but then since all the people are preoccupied with their joke hunts, the conversations become a series of sitcommish jokes (which are not always laughable even in the sitcoms) which seem to be rather unbearable at times.

I often get reminded of a quote that I read somewhere-

"Humor in life is like salt in food, without it life's tasteless, but a little excess of it spoils the taste completely."

2 comments:

Vibha said...

I agree Chhaya and very well written... :)

Vibha said...

And, by the way, I love the title of your blog...